The gardens are a wonderful space in which to hold private functions, simply complete this form and submit for approval.
Unless otherwise advised, request is for Moray Gardens.
Private Functions |Feuars and Residents
Feuars and outside subscribers wishing to hold a private function involving 20 or more people must first obtain the consent of the garden’s committee in accordance with the Private Function Policy. Application forms, which must be submitted to Whitelaw Wells not less than two weeks in advance of the event, can be found on the website.
1. All private events for 20 or more people require application to and approval from the Gardens Management Committee.
2. Applications for a private event must be made not less than 14 days in advance of the event.
3. Applicants understand that the gardens are available to other users at all times.
4. Events organised on behalf of the Feuars by the Gardens Management Committee take precedence over all other events.
5. Only one private event is permitted in each garden at any one time.
6. Private events are not permitted in the Bank Garden at any time as it is not suitable for such purposes.
7. Only Feuars who are current in their assessment payments are permitted to hold private functions in the gardens.
8. The Feuar named on the application will personally be in attendance throughout the function, ensuring their guests leave the garden at its conclusion.
9. Garden gates will be kept closed and locked at all times. Access by guests must be supervised throughout the function.
10. No bouncy castles, other inflatables or large play equipment are permitted.
11. Amplified music is not allowed at any time; other music must stop at 11PM.
12. Guests’ taxis are to be ordered from the door of the Feuar organising the function.
13. All litter, glass, debris and any other items must be removed from the gardens immediately following the event.
14. No fuel, other than to be used in the fixed barbeque, will be brought into the gardens; portable barbecues are not permitted.
15. No generators will be used at private functions without specific prior consent in writing of the Gardens Management Committee.
16. The barbecues in the Moray Place Garden must be reserved separately, if their use is desired for a private event. The Feuar organising the private function must first check on the reservation sheet posted in the garden notice board to ensure that the barbecue has not been booked for the desired event date on the sheet in the gardens. If barbecues are to be reserved, this must be done prior to submitting an application to hold a private event.
In applying to hold a private event I acknowledge reading and agree to comply with the following rules for private events held in Lord Moray’s Pleasure Grounds.
I accept personal responsibility for any damage caused to the garden or any part thereof and undertake to pay on demand the cost of making good such damage as determined by the Gardens Management Committee.
I fully indemnify the gardens proprietors and the Committee of Management for any
liability whatsoever and howsoever out of the holding of my private function.