Celebrating the History, Architecture, Gardens & Life in the Moray Estates, A Bicentenary Programme is coming for 2022,
In 2020 when the question was asked of the Moray Feu residents, they showed 100% support for celebrating the anniversary with the objective to;
• Tell our story to the world
• To inform residents and the people of Edinburgh about the history and heritage
• To capture a creative picture of the Moray Feu 200 years on
• To bring residents together as a community
2021 Events – See our events page
All events will be updated and posted on our Facebook page, garden notice boards, emailed out and flyers through your door. All events in this notice, once confirmed will be posted as live events with their own listing.
- Friday, 22nd October – Dreadful Dead Dinner (Adults) 7pm to 11pm. Cosy tented candle lit dinner, limited to 20 guests. Now active, see https://www.morayfeu.com/halloween-dreadfully-dead-dinner-2021/
- Monday, 25th to Saturday 30th October – Jack-o-lanterns Doorstep Challenge. Halloween decorate your doors and steps for the Halloween week. Two sets of judges will chose two winners, which, will be announced at the Halloween garden party.
- Sunday, 31st October, 3pm to 5pm Halloween Moray Place Garden Party. Warm drinks and hot food, games, treats and entertainment await through the garden gates.
- Wednesday, 1st December – Photography Competition deadline – send your entries to email@example.com – prizes to include the winner having their photo produced as a set of greeting cards.
- Sunday, 11th December – Christmas Drinks Party (Adults) 6:30-8:30 – Mingle through the elegant lit trees of Randolph Gardens, solve the Labyrinthe de Lumière for a sweet treat and join in carol singing around the Christmas Tree, all with a glass of bubbles whilst nibbling homemade canapès and making new friends. Tickets will be available shortly. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page for the announcement, or, the Events page on this site.
Pencil The Dates – more events will be added
January 1st – 1pm to 3pm – Bicentenary launch of programme –
• Announce photography competition winners 2021, with exhibition in Moray Gardens
• Allotment Soup kitchen – the first of our bicentenary food events
• Launch of programme including 2022 photo and film and video competition
Explore the beauty of four individual gardens from spring, through summer’s fullness to the crisp winter finale
- Sunday, 24th April Opening times for the three garden opening days to be advised
- Sunday, 19th June
- Sunday, 11th December
The Moray Bake Off weekend
Following the success of the 2021 Bake off we will have a weekend of food and baking events
- Saturday, 28th May
- Sunday, 29th May
Live Music in the Gardens – provisional dates –
- Sunday, 26th June – Soothing classical music in Moray Place Gardens
- Sunday, 17th July – Drummers will beat a powerful rhythm for Live Music Now Scotland* in Randolph Garden
- Sunday, 4th September – Traditional music** will fill the Water of Leith valley for a day of relaxation in the Bank Gardens
* www.livemusicnow.scot **To Be Confirmed
Dance The Night Away
Midsummer’s 200 Ceilidh – 7pm to 10pm
- Saturday, 25th June – Midsummer Ceilidh celebrating 200 years with 200 people
Recycle, upcycle, repurpose or refresh, whatever the terminology, the idea is the same, don’t throughout, but create art from your rubbish. Challenge your family to build a sculpture from recycle materials from your daily life
- Sunday, 28th August – Family Recycle Sculpture Day
A Georgian Christmas
Yule – Christmas Drinks Party 6:30pm to 8pm
Bringing the bicentenary year to a joyous close will be our finale formal event,
From St. Nicholas Day (6th December) to Twelfth Night (6th January), Scotland’s month long celebrations comfortably blends pagan Celtic and Norse traditions with Christian beliefs, all bouncing merrily along with lavish foods; how would you like to try, plum porridge, powsowdie, Pitcaithly bannock or crystallised fruit shortbread and washed down with velvety wines and warming ports?
- Saturday, 10th December, Time to be advised. – an event with our own singing group (the Moray Scratch Choir) created during the year.